This document provides a brief overview of the process from migrating application code from the OpenCyc library (org.opencyc) to the Base API, the current foundation for the Cyc API stack.
- Identify org.opencyc.* imports and comment them out one file at a time.
- Address the errors by importing the appropriate Base API packages using base classes when possible and baseclient classes for new instances and fields.
Some object names have to change to use the base version:
- “CycFormulaSentence” –> base: FormulaSentence, baseclient: CycFormulaSentence
- “CycVariable” –> base: CycVariableI (that’s “I” for "interface), baseclient: CycVariable
CycAccess has changed quite a bit:
- To get to the current CycAccess object, call CycAccessManager.get().getCurrentAccess()
- To use methods on a CycAccess instance, use the appropriate tool: cyc.getObjectTool().makeCycSentence(...)